Remote proofreading and editing jobs and careers
Cambridge Proofreading & Editing LLC is committed to delivering a high quality service to each and every one of our clients. This is achieved by delivering accurate proofreading and quality editing, on time. We are always interested in hearing from experienced editors who can help us deliver on this commitment.
Work with the best
Established in Cambridge, England, and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Cambridge Proofreading & Editing LLC works with experienced editors from across the globe. We are proud to have edited over 150,000 documents for more than 54,000 clients around the world.
We have a network of more than 150 editing professionals, covering the full spectrum of academic subjects. The quality of our editing team is what separates us from other services.
Help writers worldwide
- Improve the language and structure of academic papers, business communications, and more.
- Coach clients to become better, more confident writers.
- Experience the appreciation of happy clients.
Who are our editors?
Our editors come from diverse backgrounds and have a broad range of specialisms, but they all share a love of language editing and derive great satisfaction from helping others. All hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, with the majority having master’s degrees or PhDs.
They enjoy the sense of freedom that comes with working remotely and setting their own schedules.
The perks of working with us
There are a number of attractive benefits to working with us, including but not limited to:
- Edit papers and documents from your own areas of interest and expertise.
- Work from anywhere in the world. Goodbye, commute!
- Retain complete control over your schedule. Work when you want, and only when you want.
- Focus on editing. We take care of client care and logistics so you can concentrate on what you love to do.
- Receive personalised feedback, training, and guidance to improve your skills.
- Experience the satisfaction of helping appreciative clients from all over the world.
Due to the academic nature of our clients’ work, we require all of our editors to hold at least a bachelor’s degree. To edit for us, you must:
- be a native speaker of English,
- hold at least a bachelor’s degree from a well-respected American, British, or English-speaking university, and
- be able to commit to at least 10,000 words editing per week.
Star candidates will possess:
- advanced university qualifications (a master’s degree/PhD), and/or
- experience in academic editing, publishing, or as university faculty.
What we offer
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer:
- average pay of USD 20–30 per hour, paid weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly—it’s up to you
- personalised training and support to improve your skills and efficiency
- access to our knowledge base and licensed software, and
- flexibility: your schedule remains your own, provided our minimum requirement of 10,000 words per week is met (of course, holidays/away time excluded).
How does it work?
Receive proposals and complete jobs
- We will email you job proposals containing information about the order, including its topic, word count, and deadline. At the click of a button, you can choose to accept or reject any proposal. You decide which jobs to take—no explanations needed.
- Through our ‘open markets’, you can also pick and choose from a list of available jobs.
- All jobs are returned through our portal before being ranked by clients. Happy clients translate into more proposals, a growing client base, and a steady flow of work.
Set your own schedule
- You are in charge of your schedule and retain full control over which jobs you choose to accept.
- You can set your availability via the calendar in your user area and black out periods during which you’d prefer not to receive any job proposals.
Hone your skills
- Access our resources and knowledge base to polish your editing skills and improve your efficiency.
- Benefit from personalised training and support from our editing team manager and quality control staff.
- We settle invoices every Monday via PayPal, covering any fees.