- Attempt our grammar quiz (linked below).
- If successful, submit your application form and sample edit.
- If your experience and sample edit show that you’re a good fit for our needs, you’ll be asked to submit a final short trial document in Microsoft Word. You’ll be able to choose from a small selection of excerpts provided by us. Trial documents are under 1,000 words in length.
- We respond to all applicants, whatever the outcome. Successful candidates receive feedback and guidance to help them become familiar with our editing approach. Note that, due to the volume of applications we receive, we’re unfortunately unable to provide personalised feedback on either their quiz performance or their trial documents to unsuccessful candidates.
- You have an advanced understanding of the English language.
- You have Word 2013 or later and are proficient in Word, including its Track Changes and Comment features.
- You are deadline-driven and deliver consistent, high-quality work.
- You are able to work at a pace of at least 1,500 words per hour.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a respected university where English is the main language of instruction.
What we offer
- Average pay of USD 20–30 per hour, paid twice monthly.
- The freedom to choose which assignments you work on.
- Access to our knowledge base.
- A flexible schedule, with no set hours or minimum time commitment.