The first step in our application process is to take the Cambridge grammar quiz, linked below, which takes around 10 minutes to complete. If you pass the quiz, you’ll be redirected to our application form, which includes a 350-word sample edit.
Once you submit your application form, we’ll review your CV/résumé, experience and sample edit. If you’re a good fit for our team, we’ll send you our short trial edit documents (a further 750 words).
Note that our team is near capacity, so we’re currently prioritising applicants with advanced degrees in a small set of subject areas, including business, computing, STEM and law.
- A 10-minute quiz to test your grammar knowledge.
- If you’re successful, you’ll be offered the opportunity to apply and submit a small sample edit (350 words).
- We’ll review your application. If we have a need for your specific skills and experience and your sample edit meets our standards, we’ll send you a slightly longer trial edit (750 words) to allow us to properly assess your editing skills.
- We respond to all applicants, whatever the outcome. Successful candidates receive personalised guidance to help them become familiar with our editing approach. Note that, due to the volume of applications we receive, we’re unfortunately unable to provide personalised feedback to candidates who are not successful.
- You are a native speaker with an advanced understanding of the English language.
- You have Word 2013 or later and are proficient in Word, including its Track Changes feature.
- You are deadline-driven and deliver consistent, high-quality work.
- You are able to work at a pace of at least 1,500 words per hour.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a respected university where English is the main language of instruction.
What we offer
- Average pay of USD 20–25 per hour, paid twice monthly.
- The freedom to choose which assignments you work on.
- Personalised feedback to improve your skills and efficiency.
- Access to our resource library.
- A flexible schedule, with no set hours or minimum time commitment.
Ready to apply? Complete our quiz.