Remote proofreading and editing jobs
Cambridge Proofreading is committed to delivering a high-quality service to each and every one of our clients. We achieve this by delivering accurate proofreading and quality editing, on time. We are always interested in hearing from talented and experienced editors who can help us deliver on this commitment.
Work with the best
Established in Cambridge, England, and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Cambridge Proofreading works with experienced editors from around the globe. We are proud to have edited over 150,000 documents for more than 54,000 clients around the world.
Our network of over 300 editing professionals covers the full spectrum of academic subjects. The quality of our editing team is what separates us from other services.
Help writers worldwide
- Improve the language and structure of academic papers, business communications, and more.
- Coach clients to become better, more confident writers.
- Experience the appreciation of happy clients.
Who are our editors?
Our editors come from diverse backgrounds and have a broad range of specialisms, but they all share a love of language editing and derive great satisfaction from helping others. All hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, with the majority having master’s or doctoral degrees.
They enjoy the freedom that comes with working remotely and setting their own schedules.
The perks of working with us
- Edit documents from your own areas of interest and expertise.
- Work from anywhere in the world. Goodbye, commute!
- Retain complete control over your schedule. Work when you want, and only when you want.
- Focus on editing. We take care of client care and logistics so you can concentrate on what you love to do.
- Receive personalised feedback and guidance to hone your skills.
- Experience the satisfaction of helping appreciative clients from all over the world.
Due to the academic nature of our clients’ work, we require all of our editors to hold at least a bachelor’s degree. To edit for us, you must:
- be a native English speaker,
- have an exceptional understanding of the English language, and
- hold at least a bachelor’s degree from a respected university.
Our preferred candidates possess:
- advanced university qualifications (master’s or doctoral degrees), and/or
- expertise in STEM, business, economics, education, and computer science, and/or
- experience in academic editing or publishing, or as university faculty.
What we offer
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer:
- average pay of USD 20–25 per hour, paid twice monthly
- personalised feedback and guidance to improve your skills and efficiency
- access to our resource library
- full control over which orders you accept, and
- flexibility: your schedule remains your own.
How does it work?
Receive proposals and complete jobs
- We will email you job proposals containing information about the order, including its topic, word count, and deadline. At the click of a button, you can choose to accept or reject any proposal. You decide which jobs to accept—no explanations needed.
- Through our ‘open markets’, you can also choose from a list of available orders.
- All orders are returned through our portal before being rated by clients. Happy clients translate into more proposals, a growing client base, and a steady flow of work.
Set your own schedule
- You are in charge of your schedule and retain full control over which jobs you choose to accept.
- You can set your availability via the calendar in your user area and block out periods during which you’d prefer not to receive any job proposals.
Hone your skills
- Access our resource library to polish your editing skills and improve your efficiency.
- Benefit from personalised feedback and guidance from our editing team manager and quality control staff.
- We settle invoices twice monthly via PayPal, covering any fees.